Regional Data DMZ
High-bandwidth network connectivity between the regional networks, originally PennREN (KINBER) and NJEdge as well as individual organizations located in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Data DMZ backbone consisted of direct 10 GE connections between Rutgers, NJEdge and KINBER.
- Data Hubs connect directly to the Data DMZ or through their regional network:
- Rutgers University
- Data Spokes connect through the regional network – FIONAs deployed at Hub and Spoke sites:
- New Jersey: Rutgers Camden, Rutgers Newark
- Pennsylvania: Drexel, Temple, University of Pittsburgh
- New York: City University of New York.
The VDC federation was extended to the University of Utah and integrated infrastructures such as Open Science Grid and public cloud resources through Cloudbank.
A FIONA box at Rutgers University New Brunswick campus was configured and served as a central measurement archive during the first phase of the project.
The VDC middleware provide network monitoring of the VDC federation, which is available in the VDC portal.